Godriel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Based Role Playing game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Ideas.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockbein
Intermediate
Intermediate
Rockbein

Experience : 4318

Character
Name: Myrn
Name:
Name:

Need Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Need Ideas.   Need Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:14 am

Everyone wakes up on the outskirts of (name of location here). Can be in different locations so long as its on the outskirts of above location. Ex: woods, swamp, fields, beach, each area will have its own perils on the path to the city and these places will help to build the surrounding terrain.Try to keep it somewhat realistic though can't have too many varied terrains surrounding one city or else something big would be off about the environment thus making the whole place seem strange. Upon creation you may choose your race, clothes, and personality. Ideas welcome. Also will be awhile before this starts just need lots of ideas if this is going to get started.

P.S. don't tell Bobby :p shhhhh

Last edited by Rockbein on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobbymotown
Intermediate
Intermediate
bobbymotown

Experience : 4540

Character
Name: Yuri Hosnof
Name:
Name:

Need Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Ideas.   Need Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:18 am

thought you be sneaky hrmmmmm? -.- well guess what!

IM SO HAPPY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rockbein
Intermediate
Intermediate
Rockbein

Character
Name:
Name:

Need Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Ideas.   Need Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:23 am

shhh you didn't see Anything..... >.>
Back to top Go down
Rockbein
Intermediate
Intermediate
Rockbein

Character
Name:
Name:

Need Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Ideas.   Need Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Building onto the original idea: when you start you will basically be a "fresh slate" or a "blank character sheet". Think of a character just starting an mmorpg, in the beginning your weak can't really do much of anything on your own, let alone unequipped, and need to seek protection and training. Or maybe think of your self as one of the npcs without the help of the hero you are too weak to do what you want on your own, but unlike the npcs, with training you will be able to. Rather then force you to explain day by day of training I was thinking after everyone found what they were wanting to do a time advancement would take place and I would have each of the players fill out what happened during this time. Please converse with your fellow players interweaving your different experiences to make the story to come more involving.

Example of story interweaving: Lynera turned to a life of thievery while Brock became a local guard. During their time in the city their paths crossed many times creating a slightly bitter rivalry between the two. Lynera would start tipping off Brock of soon to be heists as if to tease him. While Brock would start to get an almost grudge against her, ruining the attempts to catch her because it became personal and he wishes to catch her with his own hands. Craig could also have a relationship with both of them, being used as a sort of information hub. She could also use him as a sort of safe shelter from the guards, while he goes there as a place to relax off duty. With him being such a smiled upon figure his place would be unsuspected as the hiding place.

After the time lapse submit your idea to me through a pm. Once approved then you would add onto or remake your character sheet to match your "new self".

Example of a person's character sheet before the time lapse:
My name is Craig. I have awoken in a field somewhere outside of what looks like a city of some sort, but don't know how I got there. With further thinking I'm unable to figure out anything about my past. It seems I'm wearing a pair of simple brown trousers and a matching loose fitting shrit. Height: 6'3" Weight: 210lb. Muscular build with medium length blonde shaggy hair, tanned skin, a gentle but rough looking face/voice.

Example of a person's character sheet after the time lapse:
My name is Craig, I first awoke in the fields out side of (location) with nothing but a simple pair of trousers and a loose fitting shirt with a matching brown color. No memory of how I got there or even of my past I went towards the city with hopes of learning about myself. Upon arriving I was unable to learn anything about myself but I was soon picked up by the local guard and drilled about who I was, why I was there, and what my plans where. After filling them in on my current circumstances they understandingly put me under the care of a prosperous merchant who then employed me as a sort of guard at his shops to prevent thievery. I didn't know how to fight, but because of my size and build no thefts took place. Over time I was able to learn the inner workings of being a merchant and was eventually able to get a shop of my own. Over time my shop became so well known and prosperous I soon was able to buy myself out from under my previous employer and am now a direct competitor in the towns local economy. Height: 6'3" Weight: 210lb. Muscular build with short blonde hair that has been well groomed, tanned skin, a gentle but rough looking face/voice. Usually seen wearing simple outfits made more for comfort then style, a kind knowing smile, and gentle trusting eyes that seem to make you feel at ease, as if he will not lie to you, which makes you feel no need to lie in return.
Back to top Go down
bobbymotown
Intermediate
Intermediate
bobbymotown

Character
Name:
Name:

Need Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Ideas.   Need Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:19 pm

This actually ties in amazingly with how I want to use the experience you gain from posting. Hmmmm I really like this
Back to top Go down
Rockbein
Intermediate
Intermediate
Rockbein

Character
Name:
Name:

Need Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Ideas.   Need Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:20 pm

Are you thinking of using the experience almost as a special currency for this rp?
Back to top Go down
bobbymotown
Intermediate
Intermediate
bobbymotown

Character
Name:
Name:

Need Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Ideas.   Need Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:26 pm

Yes. I was planning on having things such as resurrection for a character that dies. Level ups. Special abilities. things like that and if you have an abundance of points then allow you to get special titles on the site and things like that. by the way im giving you a small experience bost for coming up with such an amazing idea for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Rockbein
Intermediate
Intermediate
Rockbein

Character
Name:
Name:

Need Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Ideas.   Need Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Interesting thoughts there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Ideas.   Need Ideas. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Ideas.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Godriel :: Roleplay :: Folklore Fantasy :: Thread Creation/Character Development-
Jump to: